Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk ac1900 d7000 v2,

nepotize
Aspirant

nighthawk ac1900 d7000 v2,

Hello

I have moved countries from New Zealand to the uk, And was hoping to get a little advice pls.

Before i left NZ i prurchased the nighthawk 1900 d7ooo v2  and yet hav not tried to install it..

Would it be a matter of course that i would have to install new uk firmware onto this equipment for it to work correctly..

Many thanks warm regards leigh

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: nighthawk ac1900 d7000 v2,

You can change the region so your broadcast restrictions are correct to your region

Message 2 of 4

@plemans wrote:

You can change the region so your broadcast restrictions are correct to your region

Even that might not be necessary. Just reset the thing and set it up for your UK DSL account. The see what happens.

It is also not guaranteed that you can change the region. Kiwi to pom should be fine, but Yank to anywhere else may be locked down. Something to do with the wavelength police in the US.

Message 3 of 4
nepotize
Aspirant

This is very helpful , much thanks!

I will give it a go this coming weekend.. I did try to start it up but could not get the ethernet to work over DSL as yet. 

I will have to try to access the units firmware to make changes to it over wifi. i some how think my efforts will not fruit tho.

Thank you both heaps and i will be back shortly 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7