Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk ac3600 dos attack: fraggle attack in router logs

royf123
Aspirant

nighthawk ac3600 dos attack: fraggle attack in router logs

i have been unable to stop dos attack: fraggle attack log entries every ten seconds or so.  what do i do??

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
royf123
Aspirant

Well, I have found a solution.  After three visits from the tec staff from ISP, two modems and three, yes count it, three different Netgear routers: Linksys EA8300!!!!!  yep, half the price and I bought it at Wallmart.  Bought it on a whim while still believing  that my constant intermittant loss of service had to be some devious thing that the ISP coudnt figure out.  It was my last ditch b4 heading to Comcast.  

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
royf123
Aspirant

hey

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Not much you can do to stop - these are "real" attack attempts, driven by script kiddies typically. Get in touch with your ISP so they can drill down and identify and stop (or block) at the source.

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

While the IP can be spoofed or show up as an IP in your home network or ISP uplink, what is the IP address and port shown along with the DoS log?

Message 4 of 9
royf123
Aspirant

10.101.0.1,port 67, i have talked to my isp five times, they say its a cable problem and the cable company says it is a isp problem.  The cable people have been out here three times, they say the signal is strong.  the isp has given me another modum to try but its the same thing.

Message 5 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Just the other day a similar thread was started, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/DOS-Attack-Fraggle-attack-port-67/m-p/178651....

Wondering if the same ISP?

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Cable TV does just the data transport - routing et all is ISP. Problems would be very different if the cable connection (signal level, noise, ...) for the modem would be bad.

Message 7 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@schumaku wrote:

Cable TV does just the data transport - routing et all is ISP.

In the US this can be different. Cable company can be the ISP as well. I have Spectrum (Charter Corp.). However Charter bought a 'few' ISP's. Mine was/is using RoadRunner, which was part of Time Warner, which was bought by Charter. So before the purchase, If I had an e-mail problem, fingers were pointed, but Internet (or phone, VIOP) was my ISP I had to deal with.

Cable is the transport method (to me at least) for Internet, Phone (including Voice mail and 'answering machine'), and TV (and DVR).

Message 8 of 9
royf123
Aspirant

Well, I have found a solution.  After three visits from the tec staff from ISP, two modems and three, yes count it, three different Netgear routers: Linksys EA8300!!!!!  yep, half the price and I bought it at Wallmart.  Bought it on a whim while still believing  that my constant intermittant loss of service had to be some devious thing that the ISP coudnt figure out.  It was my last ditch b4 heading to Comcast.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7