Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk app showing cables not connected

MatthewRosen-Ma
Initiate

nighthawk app showing cables not connected

I have tried to set up Nighthawk router and install App on my phone.  The router is working fine with two laptops.  Then the App is saying Router not Found even though the phone is showing as connected to Netgear32.  Then it says Cables not Connected. but the cables are connected. I try again and nothing changes. Please help. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: nighthawk app showing cables not connected

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

I would factory reset the router and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. I recommend changing the default SSID name to something different and unique. When done, reconnect with the mobile device and NH app. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
MatthewRosen-Ma
Initiate

Thanks I appreciate your reply and I will try that. However... I have a Phd in psychology and I am struggling.  It really shouldn't be this hard.  Not a great beginning and 90 minutes in already.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, psychology and technology I consider different. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7