jdasfjklahf
Follower

nighthawk power level setting bricked?

I just updated to V1.0.4.98_10.0.71 firmware, and netgear seems to have removed the ability to set the power output levels. It was in the wireless section previosly; I've also seen a post here about how, when measured, those settings did not do anything to actual power output.

Does anyone know what is going on? I bought this router because it had power output controls.

Also it's hilarious I can't get techincal support unless I pay? That's wild! lol

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
James721
Luminary

Re: nighthawk power level setting bricked?

As you mentioned this feature (Or lack of) has been tested many times and was proven to be a bust does nothing. It's likely they removed it for just that reason as i am sure they never intended to ever fix it. Like anything Netgear your taking a huge chance. 

Asus RT-AX58U. Merlin. 384.19
(AT&T Fiber, Gigabit)
Message 2 of 3

Re: nighthawk power level setting bricked?

What do you think "bricked" means? Does the device still work?

I ask because if something really is turned into a "brick", the escape route is different.

@jdasfjklahf wrote:

Also it's hilarious I can't get techincal support unless I pay? That's wild! lol

You get free set-up support for the first 90 days. After that, think of it like anything else that goes wrong, your car for example. You pay for service after the run in period. But if it really is bust then you can invoke the warranty.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements