nighthawk r7000 usb not detecting printers or usb drives

Smcross03
Aspirant

nighthawk r7000 usb not detecting printers or usb drives

I have a R7000 router that will not detect a usb printer or usb drive when connected to either of the usb ports.  The usb LED lights do not light up and I can't see that any thing is connected in the Netgear Genie.

I'm running version V1.0.9.34_10.2.36

An additional bit of information is that i've been trying to get a printer to work.  I plugged usb 3.0 drive into the 3.0 usb port to see if it would recognize a drive.  It did recognize the drive the first time, (LED lit up and I can see it was attached in the log).  When I removed the usb drive and plugged it back in it no longer recognizes the drive and it doesn't show that it was connected in the log.

Any help that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: nighthawk r7000 usb not detecting printers or usb drives

What type of usb drive is it a thumb drive or a external hard drive?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Smcross03
Aspirant

It’s a Sandisk ultra usb 3.0 64gb. The printer I’m trying to connect is a brother hl-l2320d. I’ve also tried a generic 8gb usb drive I received as a promotional item from. The router will not recognize any of these items.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

as a last ditch thing you could try to factory reset the router and back up your config file and test the usb drive before reloading your config.

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements