nighthawk x8 ac5000 router - cannot connect to it to change settings or anything else

trentonlady213
Follower

nighthawk x8 ac5000 router - cannot connect to it to change settings or anything else

Nighthawk x8 ac 5000 doesn't show up anywhere to connect to in order to change settings, etc.  I have tried the genie app on my computer, iphone, have tried the nighthawk app on iphone, have tried routerlogin.net.  They all say the same thing, router not connected.  However, the genie app indicates the router is connected to my modem, but I can't access the router - in any way.  I have...unplugged everything (multiple times) and reconnected everything in the order suggested on paperwork and website...routerlogin.net...genie app (including login as admin and password as password, and the IP adddress...pressed the reset button then starting again.  No change...no connection.  According to the NETGEAR genie Network Map, the router is connected to the modem, printers, tv, etc., but I cannot access settings, parental controls, or anything else.  Need help! 

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
BIG_DOG
Luminary

Re: nighthawk x8 ac5000 router - cannot connect to it to change settings or anything else

Hi.

Sorry, but this section of the forum is solely for the Nighthawk XR500.

Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: nighthawk x8 ac5000 router - cannot connect to it to change settings or anything else

> [...] I have tried the genie app on my computer, iphone, have tried
> the nighthawk app on iphone, have tried routerlogin.net.  They all say
> the same thing, router not connected. [...]

"I have tried" is not a very detailed description of what you did,
and they can't literally "all say the same thing".  I would forget the
apps, and stick with a simple web browser.  What, exactly, happens if
you point some web browser on your (unspecified) computer/device at
"routerlogin.net"?

> [...] the router is connected to my modem, [...]

What, exactly, is your "my modem"?  Your ISP?  How is your
(unspecified) computer/device connected to your router?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements