Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no ethernet cable conected

stumped2017
Aspirant

no ethernet cable conected

Hi

I have just purchased the above modem router and pluged in my phone cable and I'm get a message telling me that there is no ethernet cable conected.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: no ethernet cable conected

@stumped2017 wrote:

I have just purchased the above modem router and pluged in my phone cable and I'm get a message telling me that there is no ethernet cable conected.

Hi,

The R8500 is a router, it can work with Ethernet based Cable Modems, with DSL modems in bridge mode, ... but it is not a xDSL router to work direct on a phone cable ... because of the lack of a built-in DSL modem.

Tell us more about your Internet connection for further advise.

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@stumped2017 wrote:

Hi,

The R8500 is a router, it can work with Ethernet based Cable Modems, with DSL modems in bridge mode, ... but it is not a xDSL router to work direct on a phone cable ... because of the lack of a built-in DSL modem.

Tell us more about your Internet connection for further advise.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 3
stumped2017
Aspirant

Hi Kurt

Thank you for your help.

I now need a realy good adsl modem to go with this router or try and return it and get a modem router that is better than the one optus supplies to its customer. I neeed better wiFi range than what I have at the moment.

Regards

Eric

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7