Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no product label netgear modem/router c6300

crowella
Aspirant

no product label netgear modem/router c6300

Help!  i purchased netgear modem router from fb marketplace.  It came in a different box that what it actually looks like and the modem itself does not have a product label.  the label on the box is for nighthawk cm1150v and the label reflects that.

I have plugged my ethernet to my lap top into the modem/router to find the MAC address but it doesn't work for xfinity they need the CM MAC #.  I have tried to reset the modem/router and log in w ethernet but it connects but not to wifi.  Im currently using some from xfinity still ......   what am i doing wrong.  I was hoping i could log in to the netgear c6300 to find the info.  any help is appreciated or im just gonna have to go buy a new one.  i did get my money back but trying to see if there is anything i can do

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: no product label netgear modem/router c6300

When you log into your modem click on (advanced) tab on top. Then click on the (administration) on the tabs listed below the Basic tab. Then click on (Router Status) and look to the right where it says Internet Port on the right hand side and it will give you a Mac address. Let me know if that helps
Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

do you have the C6300 or the CM1150V? you put one in the first paragraph and the other in the 2nd. 

Message 3 of 9
crowella
Aspirant

How do I log into it? I can’t seem to get it connected to my existing wifi
Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

Factory reset the whatever device it is. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. that'll get you back to the defaults. 

Then hardwire a pc/laptop into the modem/router (whatever). You can try accessing it that router. 

the default login is: admin

default password: password

all lower case. 

that'll get you into the gui through the browser. From there, if its a modem/router combo device, you could setup your wifi details. 

Message 5 of 9
crowella
Aspirant

I tried to do that, Ethernet from laptop to modem router but not sure what I’m doing wrong the modem router says it’s not connected via wifi
Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

@crowella wrote:
I tried to do that, Ethernet from laptop to modem router but not sure what I’m doing wrong the modem router says it’s not connected via wifi

why would it say its connected via wifi if you're hardwiring a laptop in? 

Do you got a picture of the back of the device (and the device itself) so we can at least determine if its a modem or a modem/router combo device? 

that'll tell us the proper address to access it with. 

modem only: 192.168.100.1

modem/router: 192.168.1.1 (default) some are on 192.168.0.1 (depending on your isp)

Message 7 of 9
crowella
Aspirant

my xfinity modem router i rent is currently connected thats how im accessing my wifi.

the netgear modem/router is plugged in and ethernet from laptop to modem.  when I try to log in it says its not connected to wifi, how do i connect it to my existing wifi to be able to log into it?

Message 8 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

since you don't have the label on the modem/router you have to log into the modem through ethernet so you can see what the mac address is and what the wifi name is with its password. Write on your browser www.routerlogin.net and admin should be for the admin, and password for the password. Log into that modem hardwired so you can change the wifi name and password, and see the mac address for it.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7