Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: not connected to router's wifi network

mps22
Aspirant

not connected to router's wifi network

Hello,

I replaced an old router with the Nighthawk AC1750.  I was able to connect to the internet right away.  However, when I tried going to www.routerlogin.net, I received the following message.

Router login

You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

I have connected to both the Netgear53 SSID and the Netgear53-5G SSID and have gotten the same message.  I am not sure why I am receiving this message, why there are two networks, and which I should be connecting.  Please help.

Thanks!

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Suspect your Browser has or is trying to used a Cached IP Address for the router. Try clearing the browser cache and see if that helps?

If not, if in Windows and open a CMD prompt and enter IPCONFIG. Look for the GATEWAY IP Address and enter that into your browser. That should open the web page and prompt for the UID and PW.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
William10a
Master

How are you trying to connect and does your modem have a router in it also ?

What modem do you have?

Message 2 of 9
mps22
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, there is a modem and the modem is connected to the router. The modem brand is Arris. I believe it is owned by the cable provider.
Message 3 of 9
William10a
Master

@mps22 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, there is a modem and the modem is connected to the router. The modem brand is Arris. I believe it is owned by the cable provider.

Which model Arris the cable love to give out modem/routers?

How many lan ports on the back of the modem one or four?

Message 4 of 9
mps22
Aspirant

Model is TM822
One port
Message 5 of 9
William10a
Master

@mps22 wrote:

Hello,

I replaced an old router with the Nighthawk AC1750.  I was able to connect to the internet right away.  However, when I tried going to www.routerlogin.net, I received the following message.

Router login

You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

I have connected to both the Netgear53 SSID and the Netgear53-5G SSID and have gotten the same message.  I am not sure why I am receiving this message, why there are two networks, and which I should be connecting.  Please help.

Thanks!

Are you using Genie to access the router's login page?

Message 6 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Suspect your Browser has or is trying to used a Cached IP Address for the router. Try clearing the browser cache and see if that helps?

If not, if in Windows and open a CMD prompt and enter IPCONFIG. Look for the GATEWAY IP Address and enter that into your browser. That should open the web page and prompt for the UID and PW.

Message 7 of 9
mps22
Aspirant

Yes, Genie.

Message 8 of 9
mps22
Aspirant

Thanks, I tried both.  The second option worked I suppose because it led to a 'Congratulations, you are connected to the internet' confirmation page along with my username/pw information, IP address, etc.  There were some hickups afterwards when it asked for futher download and registration, but I'm not sure those are as important.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7