Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

not getting gigabit speed with netgear cm700

mariio
Aspirant

not getting gigabit speed with netgear cm700

Hello!

I bought NetGear CM700 Modem which says it support up to 1.4 Gbps.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM700.aspx

And i bought R7800 (AC2600) router which also support gigabit  speed.

I had the comcast modem which gave me speed of 900s MB and once i switched the speed dropped to low 700s MB, I tried to use only the CM700 modem and I got the same speed which tells me it's the modem and not the router. 

Does the modem not support a speed over 700MB  or what is the issue cuz it clearly says 1.4GB and my speed is only 1 GB.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: not getting gigabit speed with netgear cm700

Its how comcast certifies it for their service. For some operators it can hit that speed. for comcasts service, they require docsis 3.1 service and a 32x8 modem to hit gigabit. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Its how comcast certifies it for their service. For some operators it can hit that speed. for comcasts service, they require docsis 3.1 service and a 32x8 modem to hit gigabit. 

Message 2 of 4
mariio
Aspirant

well i guess comcast kinda suck but it's the only provider for me. I hope i can return the current modem and get CM1000 since it's 3.1

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Hopefully you can. I've used the cm1000 and the cm1100 and they'll both hit gigabit and work great. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7