Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

password not working for ax4300 set up

egulch2
Aspirant

password not working for ax4300 set up

when trying to hook up my new router, it prompts me to join the netgear65 network.  The password provided to do this does not work

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: password not working for ax4300 set up

You could try a factory reset with the button at the back pressing for 5-10 seconds. But I'm not sure if it'll also reset the WiFi passwords (it should,though, but unsure)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Go to http://192.168.1.1 with a wired PC and set up your passwords there

Message 2 of 5
egulch2
Aspirant

I'm going to have to figure out how to do that on an old desktop computer.  I mostly use a laptop that doesn't have an ethernet port to hook up to the new router.  Grrr.  I have been trying to get this thing set up for over four hours tonight. Nothing I do works, and I have to keep disconnecting the new router and hooking up my old one so I can troubleshoot.

Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

You could try a factory reset with the button at the back pressing for 5-10 seconds. But I'm not sure if it'll also reset the WiFi passwords (it should,though, but unsure)

Message 4 of 5
egulch2
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your help.  I did the factory reset and then hooked up the router using my old desktop. This worked perfectly.  It got me logged in with the factory password and I was able to do the install using the APP on my phone. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7