password recet for wifi

HiTekGranny
Aspirant

password recet for wifi

I need to know how to factory reset my router as I have forgotten the password to conect my phone to my wifi.  I have my desktop computer connected, but am not able to connect through my cell phone.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: password recet for wifi

Open a Web browser on your computer and access http://routerlogin.net ... and check if you remember the username: admin   and the related password ... or try the default password: password 

Message 2 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Following @schumaku's advice, once you can using a Browser log into the router you can change the Wifi Password(s) on the Wifi tab on the left.

If you can't enter the router with a browser you'll need to RESET the device with the recessed button on the back and re-setup the router again.

Message 3 of 6
HiTekGranny
Aspirant

I apologize up front in seeming dense, but are you talking about the brouser on my desk top or my phone?  I have access by my desktop, but since I can't remember my password to conect to the wifi there in lies my problem.  If you could explain the steps like you are talking to a child, I might be able to get.  Sorry, it has to do with my short term memory and comprehension loss due to a brain injury.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Don't worry, we figure out a way for you.

The desktop computer does not have a wired (Ethernet) connection to the router, or does not remember the wireless connection, too?

Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Not a problem, sorry for your injury.

I assume you can log into the router using a browser. Doesn't matter if on a wired PC or a Mobile device, it should look the same. Should probably be on a wired device though. Assuming you are using a mobile wireless device you could be disconnected if you change the password.

Look screen capture on the left link. When you log into the router the left side will look like the screen capture attached. Then click on the WIRELESS selection. It should look something like the screen I attached (I have a different router). The RED BOXES show the items you might have changed, SSID and the PASSWORD. I've only shown the 2.4Ghz part. Further down the page would be the values. If you had enabled GUEST NETWORK, they would be on that tab on the left and look similar. NOTE that if you did NOT have an Security, there would be NO password box.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements