Re: pop up asking for login when connecting on wifi with mac

petri71
Aspirant

pop up asking for login when connecting on wifi with mac

Hello, my wife is unsing the router in her office and until now the router was working fine, when she loged in the wifi window would ask for the password and everything was fine. But suddenly now a big window asking for email and pw login appears, it has a netgear logo and the window name is called captive.apple.com...

anyone has an idea on why and how can I get rid of that pop up ?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

@petri71 wrote:

Hello, my wife is unsing the router in her office and until now the router was working fine, when she loged in the wifi window would ask for the password and everything was fine.

Logged in with what? PC? Smartphone? Something else?

If a PC, is that logging in with Windows? Which version?

What is the hardware version on the R7000?

Have you run a virus scan on whatever she is using? Pop ups like that can be a sign of infection.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
petri71
Aspirant

thank you michael for your answer,

As said in the title its a mac, and the version is 10.13.3 and firmware is V1.0.0.62_1.0.122. I tried to update but it's the latest version.

I think the window that opened looks like the one you get when you enter URL : mywifiext.net

I connected to the router with my phone and app Genie and without doing anything, suddenly the mac connected to the wifi without opening the pop up. So not sure it's a pishing of some sort...

was just wondering what to do next time this happens...

thanx anyway

Message 3 of 4

@petri71 wrote:

I think the window that opened looks like the one you get when you enter URL : mywifiext.net

That is the website for controlling a device. It doesn't connect you to the wifi. That should ask you to connect to a particular SSID and then you feed in the password.

In Windows the first thing to try with wifi login issues would be to tell the device to forget the connection, the SSID and password, and start all over again.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E