Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

port blocking issues with X8 (UDP, TCP)

mwdmwd
Aspirant

port blocking issues with X8 (UDP, TCP)

Hi. First time posting. I need to confirm that the X8 is not set to block certain UDP ports (37, 123) or TCP ports (37, 80, 443, 5005, 5222, 5223, or 7287). I've looked through the routerlogin.net menus and can't figure out where to find this information.

Background: I searched the community quite a bit and didn't find anything on this issue. I have a TiVo (Premiere XL) and I have the Nighthawk X8. They're connecting via wifi. Everything was working fine for a few weeks, great connection. Then the Amazon app on TiVo started malfunctioning. The screen would freeze up and I'd have to reboot. I talked with TiVo support and with my ISP, and the diagnostics reported this (possible) port blocking issue.

Help sorting it out would be appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: port blocking issues with X8 (UDP, TCP)

Hi mwdmwd,

Cana you access those ports on your modem? If yes and not on router, you may need to do port forwarding for those port numbers in router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mwdmwd
Aspirant

And of course, in the way that only after posting to a message board does something become clear to me, I now realize I need to look into my modem, not my router, most likely.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi mwdmwd,

Cana you access those ports on your modem? If yes and not on router, you may need to do port forwarding for those port numbers in router.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi mwdmwd,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7