Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: port forwarding for Dummies please

k8mcn
Aspirant

port forwarding for Dummies please

I want to run Echolink, an amateur Radio program..have tried till i am silly 🙂 R7000 firmware v1.0.7.6    Win 10  i have opend up Windoze firewall.

I also Have set to a static IP adress

Basic Information.provided by the Echolink authors: EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200. If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports 5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.

Could some one please give me a "hold my hand through the process" solution?? Thanks in advance

K8MCN

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi k8mcn,

Please check the KB article below.

http://kb.netgear.com/24046/How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-on-routers-with-the-NETGEAR-genie-int...

Check with your ISP and make sure that those ports are not blocked from their end.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Try the guide over at portforward.com (link).

Message 2 of 5
k8mcn
Aspirant

Tried the steps on Port Forwarding ,com zero luck,i have used their directions for previous routers, but no luck with my R7000...guess maybe i should buy their software,as they "guarantee" results, unless anyone has a better idea?? Surely stumped on this one...have set my router to "Static", Windows Firewall is open, but "EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200. If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.,and i just have not been able to get it!

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi k8mcn,

Please check the KB article below.

http://kb.netgear.com/24046/How-do-I-configure-port-forwarding-on-routers-with-the-NETGEAR-genie-int...

Check with your ISP and make sure that those ports are not blocked from their end.

Message 4 of 5
k8mcn
Aspirant

you guys are awesome.....Thanks..i dont feel nearly as stupid now..happpy new year!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7