Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problems after setting up AC1900 EX7000 again for new router

wizestep
Aspirant

problems after setting up AC1900 EX7000 again for new router

My router-modem was replaced.  I set up the Nighthawk extender again, and the process said it was complete and successful.  All 3 lights are solid green.

2 problems:

1) The completion screen said it was successful but said that the 2.4GHz extended network was not connected.  The 5GHz network showed as being ok.

2) When I try to connect my iPhone or iPad to wifi, only the base router shows up.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
wizestep
Aspirant

Re: problems after setting up AC1900 EX7000 again for new router

It had the latest firmware because I did the update before doing anything else.

It's solved.

1. The Not Connected was on the status screen and just meant nothing was connected to it.

2.  My iPad and iPhone couldn't see anything other than the basic router ssid because the use same name box was checked.  I changed that and now can see what's being chosen for wifi on devices.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. What firmware is on the EX7000?

2. The ex7000 was updated to be a mesh device. meaning if you have new enough firmware and set it up using WPS (or during setup), it uses the same ssid as the primary router. 

3. When you say 2.4ghz isn't connected, is that through the status page or its just not showing as broadcasting?  A bit more details helps here. 

Message 2 of 3
wizestep
Aspirant

It had the latest firmware because I did the update before doing anything else.

It's solved.

1. The Not Connected was on the status screen and just meant nothing was connected to it.

2.  My iPad and iPhone couldn't see anything other than the basic router ssid because the use same name box was checked.  I changed that and now can see what's being chosen for wifi on devices.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7