Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Attached devices" list in R8000P not updating or correct

NG7856
Tutor

"Attached devices" list in R8000P not updating or correct

I installed a R8000P router and the attached device list is NOT updating/refreshing and it does NOT match the actual IP addresses being used. 

1. I had a hardwire connected PC yesterday on the router and removed the connection from the back of the router last night. However, the attached devices list still lists it as attached and it "old listed IP address" has the same assigned the IP address that I am now using for a WIFI laptop.  So I know the router list is not being updated. 

2. I have a IPAD and can switched from 2.4.5-1,5-2 bands but the attached device list never changed it from the 2.4 band.

3. I have a kindle that I have turned it off but it is always listed on the attached devices list.

4.  Another laptop is WIFI connected to an IP address but that address does not show up on the list.

I am happy with the R8000P.  However the "attached devices" list is NOT working.  I checked and I have the latest firmware version

Any suppgestions or help? 

BTW: I am under the 90 day warranty but the upload proof of purchase does not work on the registration site .... SO I cannot contact Netgear support. I sent them an email of my proof and still waiting to hear back. How many day will that take ... 91 maybe 🙂

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
NG7856
Tutor

Re: "Attached devices" list in R8000P not updating or correct

Router: R8000P Firmware: V1.4.1.30_1.2.26

GUI: V1.4.1.30_2.1.46.6.1

Cable Modem Netgear CM1000

I do not understand Netgear's software quality/structure.  Since the "attached devices" works great on R7000 router, I would assume that this part of the software would be a reusable, and well debugged,  subroutine/Case and all the software team has to change was the hardware driver interface.  

Since each new router goes through the same firmware problem, NetGear seems to be rewriting new software for each router.  It would seem ,except for the hardware interface drivers, all the router would have the same common software routines. 

Sorry for not listing the version but I have found this problem listed on this site in older versions in 2017-present.  

In fact, someone asked the question " IS THIS A SECURITY PROBLEM?" since the access/block list is NOT being updated correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 3
NG7856
Tutor

Router: R8000P Firmware: V1.4.1.30_1.2.26

GUI: V1.4.1.30_2.1.46.6.1

Cable Modem Netgear CM1000

I do not understand Netgear's software quality/structure.  Since the "attached devices" works great on R7000 router, I would assume that this part of the software would be a reusable, and well debugged,  subroutine/Case and all the software team has to change was the hardware driver interface.  

Since each new router goes through the same firmware problem, NetGear seems to be rewriting new software for each router.  It would seem ,except for the hardware interface drivers, all the router would have the same common software routines. 

Sorry for not listing the version but I have found this problem listed on this site in older versions in 2017-present.  

In fact, someone asked the question " IS THIS A SECURITY PROBLEM?" since the access/block list is NOT being updated correctly.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7