Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"No new firmware version available" for R7000 AC1900 when checking via router?

Rafjel
Aspirant

"No new firmware version available" for R7000 AC1900 when checking via router?

How does it come that I don't get recent firmware updates when checking via the router (actual v1.0.9.88), although there are new ones on the download page of Support (most recent 1.0.11.123 - Hot Fix)?

If the problem can't be fixed, I will have to update manually. Can I choose right away the most recent version (5/27/21 - Firmware update 1.0.11.123 Hot Fix), or do I have to install intermediate versions between the actual and the most recent one?

Thanks for your answer and advice!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Rafjel
Aspirant

Re: "No new firmware version available" for R7000 AC1900 when checking via router?

Meanwhile I've downloaded and installed the latest firmware manually without any problem at execution time and when starting up the router.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: "No new firmware version available" for R7000 AC1900 when checking via router?

> How does it come [...]

Netgear's careful attention to its customers.

> [...] Can I choose right away the most recent version [...]

Should work.

Message 2 of 5

@Rafjel wrote:

How does it come that I don't get recent firmware updates when checking via the router (actual v1.0.9.88), although there are new ones on the download page of Support (most recent 1.0.11.123 - Hot Fix)?

New firmware takes time to migrate to the FTP server that feeds the on-board check. It usually arrives first on the support pages and then the FTP server, although it sometimes happens the other way round.

You can think of a hot fix as a beta version that has not been through all of the testing needed for an "official" release. That can change and may never show up on the FTP server.

Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> New firmware takes time to migrate to the FTP server that feeds the
> on-board check. It usually arrives first on the support pages and then
> the FTP server, although it sometimes happens the other way round.

That's just silly.  Firmware doesn't "migrate" from place to place;
it's moved by people, intentionally.  Or not.

The date in the Release Notes for V1.0.11.100_10.2.100, for example,
is "12/13/2020", more than six months ago.  Perhaps that firmware got
lost in the desert, and died of thirst during its "migration"?

Message 4 of 5
Rafjel
Aspirant

Meanwhile I've downloaded and installed the latest firmware manually without any problem at execution time and when starting up the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7