Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" does not turn wifi BACK ON for R7900P

MrPatel
Aspirant

"Turn off wireless signal by schedule" does not turn wifi BACK ON for R7900P

I searched the boards and found this seems to be a recurrent issue wiht NetGear.  This is my first NetGear product.

I enabled the "turnoff signal by schedule on my R7900P "  and at first it didn't turn off... then next time it turned off but did not turn on... I again tried with a reboot now it consistently seems not to turn the wireless back on...and I can't uncheck the box for turn off by schedule... so it turnoff but will not turn back on.

any ideas? Is this firmware related?  I am reluctant to downgrade my firmwar given the security concerns... my am leaning towards the choice of returning this back to Costco for a refund if I don't have a fix.... I do really like this router and don't wish to return it... anyon have any ideas to fix  please help?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" does not turn wifi BACK ON for R7900P

@MrPatel, I suggest you take @MizterPolo's advice, downgrade and test functionality of "Turn Wireless Off By Schedule" in 1.0.4.10

Don't be afraid about downgrading one version in this case,

No new security fixes were introduced with 1.4.1.24 since the previous version 1.4.0.10 (one version back). 

You will not be puttng yourself at any risk whatsoever going back one version.  The changes and security fixes introduced in 1.4.0.10 are actually quite significant.  Remember to reset your router and set up from scratch.  Then post your results which might help others.

The takeaway..  the very latest is not always best.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
MrPatel
Aspirant

I forgot to mention Firm ware I'm running.

Firmware Version 
V1.4.1.24_1.2.20

Message 2 of 9
MizterPolo
Guide

Don't know if it will help you out, but  I was having the same issues with the R8000. So what i did was reset and used an old firmware.  The firmware Im using is V 1.0.4.12_10.1.46  **** remember I have a r8000***** . So try looking for an older firmware.  The old firmware has has helped fixed my issue with  me  not getting the full GIG service i just upgraded to.       Hope this helps

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 3 of 9
MrPatel
Aspirant

I did think of about downgrading, but I am weary of older firmware vulnerabilities.... this seems like a known bug. I am hoping NetGear has a hot fix that can be applied without the risk of down grading my firmware.

Message 4 of 9

@MrPatel, I suggest you take @MizterPolo's advice, downgrade and test functionality of "Turn Wireless Off By Schedule" in 1.0.4.10

Don't be afraid about downgrading one version in this case,

No new security fixes were introduced with 1.4.1.24 since the previous version 1.4.0.10 (one version back). 

You will not be puttng yourself at any risk whatsoever going back one version.  The changes and security fixes introduced in 1.4.0.10 are actually quite significant.  Remember to reset your router and set up from scratch.  Then post your results which might help others.

The takeaway..  the very latest is not always best.

Message 5 of 9
MrPatel
Aspirant

Yeah.  I agree the latest is not the greatest!

I down graded to which appears to have fixted the issue for now:

Firmware Version - V1.4.0.10

I would skip this firmware upgrade for the time being until they fix the bugs.  Don't know if it was intentional or not, but seems to me NetGrear should at least inform people of this issue.  I guess they ar happy with people seaching form and findng the answers themselves. While I was searching I noticed other router brands which look interesting too.

NetGrear Folks if you monitor these boards please fix in next release.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 9
MrPatel
Aspirant

To be clear skip an don't upgrade to :

Firmware Version 
V1.4.1.24_1.2.20

Message 7 of 9
MrPatel
Aspirant

To be be even more clear:

The issue was resolved after I down graded my firmware.

I down graded to this to fix the issue:

Good Firmware Version - V1.4.0.10

Message 8 of 9
MizterPolo
Guide

Glad it worked out.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7