Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700 router no internet access

hwms
Tutor

r6700 router no internet access

I downloaded the phone app and used it to setup the router. I am sure I didn't do something right because I have no internet access. I can get to the internet by connecting my desktop to my modem but not through the rounter. I am using Linux PCLOS KDE as my OS.  I already had a wifi setup before and would have like to use the same name and password but didn't know how so I used Netgear22 and the password on the router. Is there a way to go back and re-do the setup and use my prior wifi id and pw?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
hwms
Tutor

Re: r6700 router no internet access

I reset the router and started over using my desktop computer instead of the app on my phone. I now have wifi. Not sure what I did that was different other than not using the phone app.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
hwms
Tutor

I forgot to mention that it said that I was connected but didn't have interet access. I have since reset the router and have begun trying a new setup. I think I am following what the phone app says, but now the neatgear22 wifi is not showing up on my phone anymore. I rebooted my phone and tried again with no change.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
hwms
Tutor

I reset the router and started over using my desktop computer instead of the app on my phone. I now have wifi. Not sure what I did that was different other than not using the phone app.

Message 3 of 4
labatt
Mentor

The phone aps seem to leave a lot to be desired. I never installed one just browser attach to router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7