× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700v2 - WIFI BRIDGE CONFIG

pmdooley
Follower

r6700v2 - WIFI BRIDGE CONFIG

So I currently am using the Nighthawk AX4 AX3000 for my primary router for my FIOS internet connection. Primary connection is functioning great, no problems at all. I'm having a problem trying to setup my AC1750 r6700v2 as a WIFI Bridge. I know it's capable because I followed the instructions right from the user manual on page 186 haha. I'd prefer to use the 5ghz network for obvious reasons however when I enter the SSID and the WPA2 password, click apply, absolutely nothing happens. The internet light on the front of the router is still turned off and for some reason I'm not even able to access the router anymore via the wired connection to my desktop, I can only access the router thru the wifi connection (which from my understanding if it was being saved as a WIFI bridge the WIFI would no longer work it would only offer wired connectivity from this device. Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong? The instructions are not very complicated, it's pretty hard to mess them up but it just isn't working. Is there a compatability issue between the 2 router types? I hope not... I purposely purchased 2 Netgear Nighthawk routers for this very reason. Thanks in advance for any help you guys might be able to provide!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: r6700v2 - WIFI BRIDGE CONFIG

Hi pmdooley, 

I would recommend checking out page 185/188 in the user manual linked below for more info regarding WiFi bridge and access point mode. 

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700v2/R6700v2_UM_EN.pdf

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7