Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6700v3 - Firmware Check Error

Netfear32-AR
Aspirant

r6700v3 - Firmware Check Error

First experienced wifi speed issues, paying xfinity for gigabite plan but only getting 50 - 160 mbps through router. When plugged into directly to modem, gets about 990 mbps. 

Attempted to update firmware but received Firmware Check Error. Attempted to follow instructions from manual to manually update firmware, but required to log into http://www.routerlogin.net first, and for whatever reason, prompted to retrieve account using router serial number and secret questions. Can't for the life of me get the correct answer. What else can I try next? Reset to factory?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: r6700v3 - Firmware Check Error

A couple points. 

1. what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

2. If you don't know the password to get in and don't have password recovery setup/or know the answers, you'd need to factory reset to get back in. 

3. I'd factory reset. During the reinstall, leave access control, traffic monitoring, qos, and parental controls all disabled. 

4. How are you testing speeds? hardwired? Wireless? 2.4ghz? 5ghz?

5. keep in mind, the R6700 isn't going to hit gigabit speeds over wireless. It will wired but not wireless. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A couple points. 

1. what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

2. If you don't know the password to get in and don't have password recovery setup/or know the answers, you'd need to factory reset to get back in. 

3. I'd factory reset. During the reinstall, leave access control, traffic monitoring, qos, and parental controls all disabled. 

4. How are you testing speeds? hardwired? Wireless? 2.4ghz? 5ghz?

5. keep in mind, the R6700 isn't going to hit gigabit speeds over wireless. It will wired but not wireless. 

Message 2 of 4
Netfear32-AR
Aspirant

Thank you! I went ahead and did a factory reset. Now I'm getting 400+ mbps. Still not the expected 990 I was hoping/expecting.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the router? 

When you factory reset and reinstalled, did you use if a backup? If so, don't. 

Do you have IPv6 enabled? 

How are you testing? What device? what website/app? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7