Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7000 STILL does not allow my windows device or any windows device to see or connect to the network

JPMUCCI
Aspirant

r7000 STILL does not allow my windows device or any windows device to see or connect to the network

All of my Apple and Android devices see the network...lets call it "nighthawk"...and can connect and put in the password and the internet works amazing!

I have 2 windows 7 PC's and when I pull up the wireless connection to locate the network...."nighthawk" is never a choice.(Not visible)  Can not even enter it manually.  Makes zero sense to me.  Please help.  I have tried to manually connect but it still does not connect....do I need to just buy a new router.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: r7000 STILL does not allow my windows device or any windows device to see or connect to the n...

Hi JPMUCCI,

How far are the computers from the router?

Try changing the channel of your wireless network.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JPMUCCI
Aspirant

Re: r7000 STILL does not allow my windows device or any windows device to see or connect to the netw

Zero thoughts or answers?  I guess that means get rid of the router.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: r7000 STILL does not allow my windows device or any windows device to see or connect to the n...

Hi JPMUCCI,

Is the "nighthawk" SSID for 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

Will the 2 PCs detect other wireless network?

Message 3 of 6
JPMUCCI
Aspirant

2.4...tried 5.0 too.  

PC's detect neighbors networks and I have a provider router that they detect.  

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi JPMUCCI,

How far are the computers from the router?

Try changing the channel of your wireless network.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi JPMUCCI,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7