r7000 and swann cameras

new2thegame
Aspirant

r7000 and swann cameras

i have a swann camera system (model dvr16-2600) i upgraded my router to a nighthawk AC 1900 smart wifi Router model 7000 ... i am unable to veiw my cameras thru the web ...how can i solve this problem?

Message 1 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

Re: r7000 and swann cameras

You have to set up/configure your camera system.   In this case router is passive. Ever heard of iSPY freeware? If you want to try it

just download >> Install >> try it.  Camera is not a PnP device. How many cameras do you have?

Message 2 of 7
new2thegame
Aspirant

i have a 16 camera set ...

Message 3 of 7
new2thegame
Aspirant

this particular camera system does have a PNP setting in the setup

Message 4 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

Then follow thru. the instruction to the letter. If you are stuck at certain step or if it does not work the way it supposes to then Swann

support or Swann user forum is the place to call first. I think it is a system then with NVR and cameras package. If you don't want dedicated video display unit for the NVR, you may need some kind of add-on for particular browser you intend to use. I am using only 3 cameras(Vivotek ones) and they are managed by Synology NAS surveillance station. I can display all 3 camera images real time if I want to or record the video image to NAS hard drive for later review. Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

You mean UPnP in relation to your router. I briefly looked at the user mnual. There it even has a warning saying set up is quite involved with a working knowledge of  networks.  You have to go through the whole set up steps. While you are at it, if you get a specific question please post here. First of all you need to enable UPnP on your router after router is set up to operational  state. BTW, UPnP stands for universal plug and play.

Message 6 of 7
rpoffen
Virtuoso

If your network has a separate modem for the internet connection, then it needs to be set in bridge mode or you will probably not be able to get it to work.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E