Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7000 has no internet access at 2.4ghz but works fine at 5ghz

Fred_m
Tutor

r7000 has no internet access at 2.4ghz but works fine at 5ghz

Hello,

Has anyone dealth with this before. computers and mobile devices can connect to router at 2.4ghz with good signal but have no internet access. same devices connect at 5ghz and get internet access. the router status showes no error

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: r7000 has no internet access at 2.4ghz but works fine at 5ghz

If you are running Genie as an app on any laptops / desktops, I would close the app, and observe if here is a change. If not, I would reset the router to factory default and reconfigure. (depress the reset button on back of the router with paper clip, until the power button flashes). Once it has reloaded, connect via a web browser to default IP address of router 192.168.1.1.

@Fred_m wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone dealth with this before. computers and mobile devices can connect to router at 2.4ghz with good signal but have no internet access. same devices connect at 5ghz and get internet access. the router status showes no error

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

If you are running Genie as an app on any laptops / desktops, I would close the app, and observe if here is a change. If not, I would reset the router to factory default and reconfigure. (depress the reset button on back of the router with paper clip, until the power button flashes). Once it has reloaded, connect via a web browser to default IP address of router 192.168.1.1.

@Fred_m wrote:

Hello,

Message 2 of 6
Barnslig
Aspirant

I have almost the same problem. My router will show both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz, in full strenght, but when I try and connect to the 2.4Ghz it says "verifying and connecting" and then tells me it can't connect to that network. 

This applies to solely to new units, as my Samsung Galaxy S6, MacBook Pro and my friends MacBook Air, and HTC One (M7) connects to it fine, because they connected to the 2.4Ghz when it was new, while my stationary computer won't connect at all, neither will new units entering the network.

Message 3 of 6
fredgunn
Aspirant

Had exactly the same problem, and the following was my experience:

1. Cold reboot of router did not resolve problem.

2. Second cold reboot also did not work.

3. Turned off 'access control' in router and hit 'apply' which automatically rebooted router.

4. Problem appears resolved for now.

notes:

1. did not reset router by using paper clip method.

2. i has earlier tried to check for router firmware update via the genie software which reported that there was none.

Message 4 of 6
Fred_m
Tutor

Hello,

I reset the router to factory default twice. The first time I tried to backup and restore the settings and had same issues and ran it for a day or so with same issues. I reset again and setup the router manually and its working fine now for about a week.

Thank you for the feed back

Message 5 of 6
netwrks
Master

@Fred_m wrote:

Hello,

I reset the router to factory default twice. The first time I tried to backup and restore the settings and had same issues and ran it for a day or so with same issues. I reset again and setup the router manually and its working fine now for about a week.

Thank you for the feed back

Good to hear things are sorted out. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7