Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7000 random internet drops

Pleazure
Follower

r7000 random internet drops

Greetings, 

I have been dealing with this issue since the first day of purchase. My r7000 will randomly drop internet connection, both wired and wireless. Sometimes, several times throughout the day. I have the latest firmware, it is well ventilated, and I have to hit the power reset button in order to fix it. However, sometimes it will reset all settings after the drop. I do not have any QoS on or anything else.  This is beyond frustrating, Netgear support have suggested an overheating issue. So, I placed a fan on it with same results. Does anyone else have this issue? Since the warranty just expired I am stuck with an unreliable piece of hardware. Even under warranty, Netgear agents could not provide me with a permanent solution. I know it is the router as, I can hook up my very old Cisco and have 100% uptime. The problem with the Cisco is there is no wifi option like on the r7000. Does anyone have any suggestions as what to try next? I really love Netgear products and would like to keep that sentiment. 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
JWS9518
Apprentice

Re: r7000 random internet drops

I feel like a broken record..but have you tried updating to the latest firmware which is currently .116, which, fingers crossed, has worked well for me so far, or downgrading to the firmware that has the reputation for being the most stable which is .42??  The firmware's for this router in between .42 and .116 are notoriously unstable for some users.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7