Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: r7000 readyshare when used as access point

gmhyman
Guide

r7000 readyshare when used as access point

Note that the R7000 ac1900 doesn't show in the product list - somebody in NetGear please fix this.

Comcast just upgraded my cable modem to one that includes a router, so I have to "demote" my previous main router, and R7000 to access point status.

I've done this by setting a fixed IP address, and connecting it to the new main router via an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the R7000.

Now when I fire up Netgear Genie, and pick readyshare, I'm told my router doesn't support readyshare.  Clearly  nonsense - worked fine before.  I have to specify the IP manually.  Is Genie still going to 192.168.1.1 even though I specify 192.168.1.222?   That seems likely.  How do I get readhshare working again - it's my son's only backup for his laptop. 
Also the readyshare drive no longer appears in my win 10 "My computer" listings.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
gmhyman
Guide

Yep - reconfigured as a bridge, went back to previous setup, and all seems to work fine. 

To be honest, this is a feature that would be useful!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
SkyOwl
Guide

I've not run accross anyone who got readyshare working from an R7000 in AP mode, including myself.  I use 2 R7000, one as main router, one as AP.  Readyshare works fine on the main R7000, not so much on the AP one.

I would suggest you get comcast to set their modem/router to bridge mode (turns off the built in router and makes it just a modem) and then rerturn to using your R7000 as the main router.  The R7000 is a much better router than anything your likely to get from a cable company.

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Login to comcast box and change from Router To Bridge Mode. Then change r7000 back to router mode.

Message 3 of 5
storm1985
Prodigy

I checked my device and ReadyShare is working on AP mode. Tested on a PC wired to the AP and wireless to the main router. 

ReadyShare_APmode.jpg

Message 4 of 5
gmhyman
Guide

Yep - reconfigured as a bridge, went back to previous setup, and all seems to work fine. 

To be honest, this is a feature that would be useful!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7