Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7000 suddenly does not boot

jrstorms
Initiate

r7000 suddenly does not boot

on power up get the following lights, power orange-wan orange- 5ghz white-usb1 and 2 white - lan ports 1-4 orange then cyles to lan ports 1-4 orange with short flash of wireless white then goes to power orange - 5ghz white - usb1 and 2 white.  repeats pattern over and over.

have down factory resewt multiple times with no effect.  tried to do forced firmware update but will not connect to it.

has the 2.4 radio died?  I have two of the same routers and they are doing the same thing.  Both died about three weeks apart.  Latest firmware was on both of them.  died after doing a power off reset because could not log in to web portal admin page getting page not found. (http://192.168.1.1)

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
MrDanD
Aspirant

Re: r7000 suddenly does not boot

Exact same thing happened to me.  My second router just died last week, the first one died mid December.  R7000's in both cases.  They would not let me connect and when I powered off and back on both started acting like yours.  I can not reset them, tried to connect to the serial connection to reflash but no luck.  Both are a little over 2 years old.  Will stay away from Netgear products going forward.   Replaced one with a TP-Link and still looking for a replacement for the second one.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7