Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7800 next genie and firmware upgrade

NathanAV
Tutor

r7800 next genie and firmware upgrade

I own a netgear 7500 and the new 7800xs. As of right now, the network map as well as remote control on my android keeps failing. When is the next firmwate coming out?
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
NathanAV
Tutor

Re: r7800 next genie and firmware upgrade

They can be manually changed to match.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi NathanAV,

Do you get the same problem with genie on your computers?

Any error message when trying to use those features?

Uninstall and reinstall the genie app?

Message 2 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

I have loaded...deleated...restarted...re-installed and so on. Called support and was told a month ago to wait for an updated version(s) to come out at the end of march. I have bought the 7500 and the 7800 hoping there would be resolutions. No updayes nor fixes yet to the remote genie applications. Support couldnt figure it out after almost 2 hours on the phone. Netgear made a warranty swap from a7500v2 to a 7500 v1 and same ole stuff and issues. Now i am waiting while the warranties expire with no guidence here.
Message 3 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

Also tried on computers. No remote Genie functions and freezes with various androids. Personal hardware not the issue as the r7000 i have works flawless.
Message 4 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi NathanAV,

Please check for the latest firmware of R7800.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7800.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.1.28

Message 5 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi NathanAV,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

The new firmware update for the 7800 .has deffinatly improved genie features. I can now use use remote access. The only problem with it is the consistancy between the remote icoms and the local icons being the same. However it gives you the option to change them independantly. As long as users are aware, this isl just a temp inconvenience that can be corrected.

After the update, i have notice a little bit of inhstability with download speeds remaining peak performance.
Message 7 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi NathanAV,

Please provide us screenshot of the icons you are referring.

Message 8 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

Im not that savy.
However what I am refering to is stuff like voip phone on the local connection not having the voip icon on the remote connection even with the same ip and mac. The same ip and mac adress can have 2 different icons one on remote may say gaming console while local says voip.
Message 9 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

They can be manually changed to match.
Message 10 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi NathanAV,

Can you check the latest firmware if the same behavior on network map?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30604?cid=gwmng

Message 11 of 12
NathanAV
Tutor

Same behavior with new firmware. The remote icons remain unknown when the local connection icons register.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7