• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

r7800 nighthawk. can't connect

So my family has been using this router for a few months and the other day it just stopped working. The internet LED shows up as red and we could not get it to turn back to white. (about an hour ago i got it to turn white again), however i cannot use the wifi on any device. This signal shows up on our phones  (iphones), as netgear 11 5g or whatever, we can connect but when we try to use it, for instance try to go on youtube or safari, it just doesn't work. It will just get stuck in a loading screen as if there is no actual incoming connection. 

I was going to try and update the firmware and see if that was it but seeing as how nothing can actually connect to it, i was unsuccesful. 

If anyone could help me out that would be phenomenal. Thanks

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: r7800 nighthawk. can't connect

@c-desmarais wrote:

So my family has been using this router for a few months and the other day it just stopped working. The internet LED shows up as red and we could not get it to turn back to white. (about an hour ago i got it to turn white again), however i cannot use the wifi on any device.

This indicates that your router is not connecting to the internet though your modem. It is not a sign that there is anything wrong with your router.

A network is just that, a network of connected devices.

It might help to start at the modem end. Have you looked at the modem to confirm that it is working and connected to the internet? Tell people what it is and what Internet service provider you connect to. 

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2