Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: r7800 will not connect to internet

Arcticcatf7
Aspirant

r7800 will not connect to internet

I'm trying to set up my new router and when going through the set up the internet light turns white. I then go in and try to set it up on either my hard wired computer or from my phone and it goes to the screen where it searches for the internet and it then turns orange and then says there is a problem connecting to the internet. I am using Charter internet. I have since hooked up my old Linksys router and the internet came back up instantly. I have tried my phone 3 times and the computer atleast 12. Is there soething I am doing wrong or is there an issue with the new router?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Arcticcatf7
Aspirant

I just did a bunch of searching Charter internet not working for new router and found a solution. Turn everything off and restart the modem. Then press and hold the router power and reset buttons at the same time. Allow it to do its thing then the interent came up and is working prefectly now. Was able to go through the router set up and finsih it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
BoDEAN
Apprentice

What firmware version are you using?

Did you follow the install instructions? I believe it says to turn off the modem, then turn on the router, let it bootup, then turn on the cable modem.

Message 2 of 4
Arcticcatf7
Aspirant

According to the quick start it says to unplug and then plug the modem back in. Then you connect the cable to the router and then turn the router on. How do I check which firmware it has if I can't get it to set up?

Message 3 of 4
Arcticcatf7
Aspirant

I just did a bunch of searching Charter internet not working for new router and found a solution. Turn everything off and restart the modem. Then press and hold the router power and reset buttons at the same time. Allow it to do its thing then the interent came up and is working prefectly now. Was able to go through the router set up and finsih it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7