r7900 controls

badaddidude
Follower

r7900 controls

r7900 wifi router, version 2.4.62, latest firmware v 1.0.3.10 (up to date) 
I can't find the advanced section of my router in network genie. My ISP (spectrum) 

has told me that my router is throttling my speeds to about 60 % of my available speed.

I can't get to the advanced controls as they are not there. HELP!

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: r7900 controls

@badaddidude wrote:

I can't find the advanced section of my router in network genie.

How are you trying to get at the R7900?

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

The best way in is the browser graphical user interface.

There is a manual for the R7900 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7900 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

Having two routers on a network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The speed issues you see could also be due to that.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements