r7900p can't connect to router after checking auto update performance optimization database

mishmm
Aspirant

r7900p can't connect to router after checking auto update performance optimization database

I have a new r7900p Nighthawk Router.  It is new, and I was able to set it up so it has the latest firmware.  I was connecting to it fine, but after I checked the box for auto update performance optimization database on the QOS page and hit apply I can't connect to the router.  From a web page it says "the connection was reset"  From the app it says "netgear router is not found or not supported."  I tried to connect from a wired pc as well and nothing.  This seemed like an innocuous setting and I haven't found any similar problems posted.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
mishmm
Aspirant

Re: r7900p can't connect to router after checking auto update performance optimization database

I still have Internet access and can ping the router.

Message 2 of 4
mishmm
Aspirant

Reboot got me in, now why can't I use my opendns account to login via netgear app.

OK.  I was finally able to reboot the server manually, once everyone went to bed and now I am back in.  Although it doesn't make sense why I was out.  

My other problem is I can't login to OpenDNS with my account through the netgear app, I have verified that my login is working.

Message 3 of 4

Re: r7900p can't connect to router after checking auto update performance optimization database

@mishmm wrote:

It is new, and I was able to set it up so it has the latest firmware.

Knowing the firmware number is more reliable than boldly claiming "it has the latest firmware".

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements