r8000 latest firmware version - iphone/iPad large ping delay with IPoE (ok with PPPoE)

sydney888
Tutor

r8000 latest firmware version - iphone/iPad large ping delay with IPoE (ok with PPPoE)

Hi,

netspeed tests.

Previous provider was using PPPoE and average ping times were under 200ms from Australia to USA.

I changed provider which used IPoE and now ping times are double.... ~400ms....

Also, observed this significant delay when doing Facetime from Australia to USA/Canada...

Laggy...

No issue with wired connection. Netspeed reports <200ms.

Anyone using IPoe on R8000 and seeing this issue?

I change router to another vendor, still using IPoE and ping times are now back to <200ms....

Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: r8000 latest firmware version - iphone/iPad large ping delay with IPoE (ok with PPPoE)

Hi @sydney888,

Welcome to the community!

Let's try a few things here for you to get that resolved.

1. If you are on latest firmware right now, kindly downgrade your firmware and see whether you'll get the same issue. (Isolation purposes)

2. If you haven't upgraded your firmware, please upgrade.

3. Check the MTU size of your other router and see if it matches with the R8000. If not, go ahead and copy it on the R8000.

Will wait for your response.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
sydney888
Tutor

Re: r8000 latest firmware version - iphone/iPad large ping delay with IPoE (ok with PPPoE)

Hi ElaineM

1. If you are on latest firmware right now, kindly downgrade your firmware and see whether you'll get the same issue. (Isolation purposes)

2. If you haven't upgraded your firmware, please upgrade.

I am running V1.0.2.44_1.0.96. Do i need to change? If yes, which version.

3. Check the MTU size of your other router and see if it matches with the R8000. If not, go ahead and copy it on the R8000.

Will fnd out.

Thanks

Sydney888

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're on the latest version already. Kindly, try to downgrade your fw to 1.0.1.16 and check whether you'll get the same result. Let us know what happens.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E