Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r8300 blocking access to the app canasta junction

bskesq
Follower

r8300 blocking access to the app canasta junction

My wife plays canasta junction on her PC, ipad and iphone. The PC is hard wired, the other two on wifi.  All of a sudden she cannot log into the game on any device. The app says no internet connection when there clearly is one.  After days of troubleshooting I realized that if I took the router out and hooked the PC direct to the modem the app worked fine-- put the router back and no connection.  The canasta junction people blame my side and they are correct that if the router is out of the loop it works-- however nothing else in the house works without the router. 

Everything else seems to work fine with the router and I made no changes before this happend.  Since it happened I updated the firmware. reset the router and the modem multiple times-- I even borrowed somebody else's router and got the app to work in my home-- just my router for some reason blocks the game from running-- I have no blocked sites, no parental controls-- nothing out of the ordinary in the setup. 

Can anyone think of a solution other than buying a new router?  Very frustrating and no logical solution 

Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7