Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r8500 random disconnect while downloading

Darksangle
Follower

r8500 random disconnect while downloading

my router keeps disconnecting from the internet but only while downloading somtimes it even says internet status good but doesnt connect to the inernet i have to re apply the settings or reboot the deivce to get it working.

ive checked its not my pc and its not the modem as ive tried with another router.

this happens on both wifi and ethernet connections and only while downloading but never surfing the net.

firmware version V1.0.2.116

any ideas would be appreciated.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: r8500 random disconnect while downloading

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Darksangle,

Have you tried to reset the router to factory default?

Message 2 of 7
microchip8
Master

When you say "while downloading" do you mean maxing out the router's bandwidth or your ISPs line bandwidth?

I had a similar occurance on my R7800 yesterday when downloading at ~480 Mbps. It suddenly stopped and I had no internet connection while the router's GUI says all is fine. After a minute or so, it fixed itself magically. I was too slow to login with telnet and see dmesg output and logs so I don't know what exactly happened. I've downloaded in the past with same speeds mentioned for up to half an hour with not a single interruption

Message 3 of 7
microchip8
Master

OK, I did some further testing on latest V1.0.2.46 firmware for the R7800. I also get consistant same behavior as to what the OP describes 

Downloading here at ~480 Mbps cuts off internet after 5-10 minutes and the GUI says it has no WAN connection. I will do some testing on an older firmware and see how it goes

Message 4 of 7
microchip8
Master

@JamesGL

Confirmed that on version 1.0.2.40 and below for the R7800 it does not happen - however download speed fluctuates much more than on higher versions but at least it does not cut you off from Internet and GUI does not report as WAN being down after ~10-15 minutes of continous  high-speed (480 Mbps and up) downloading. Can you escalate it with engineering ?

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi microchip8,

Can you check this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058809/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-52

Hi Darksangle,

Try this.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058826/R8500-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-122

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7