roku and other device getting an dhcp ip that is out of range from my setting

mighty-hippy
Aspirant

roku and other device getting an dhcp ip that is out of range from my setting

Hi All,

i have R7000 wifi router and recently upgrade the firmware to latest 1.0.7.2 and I notice that some devices (roku, macbook and minix media player) is getting an 192.168.17.x ip address from my dhcp.  I set the LAN dhcp range from 192.168.1.2 to 252.  So I don't know why its getting the 192.168.17.x network.  The macbood and minix media player will work if I statically set the ip address to the correct network range.  But the stupid roku doesn't allow me to set a static ip address.  So does anybody else seeing this issue and or should i just downgrade the firmware to 1.0.5.70?

thanks, 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: roku and other device getting an dhcp ip that is out of range from my setting

Hi mighty-hippy,

Please provide me the diagram of your network. We will check if there are other devices that is managing the DHCP.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
mighty-hippy
Aspirant

Re: roku and other device getting an dhcp ip that is out of range from my setting

zoom moderm is connected to netgear r7000  and the other equipments such as 2 roku, 2 lg tv and 1 minix (media player) and a bunch of phones and tablets.  

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi mighty-hippy,

How about the devices connected to the router? What are the IP addresses of those devices? 

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements