Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: router keeps rebooting itself

salm82
Initiate

router keeps rebooting itself

hi. ever since the new firmware update, my router keeps rebooting itself or my connection pauses for a few minutes until i switch the router off/on. i know it's the router because when i try to get into the setup, my computer can't find the page. i've had it in a power splitter since i got it and it was working amazingly before the update.

i've tried resetting the router, but the problem still exists. before i try, is it possible to go back to the old firmware? or is there another solution? i don't wanna brick this great router.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

Yes you can go back to old firmware. Folks suggest the .42 version. 

Go here to get the firmware and a user guide. Put in your router model.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/default.aspx

On the firmware down load selection click on the purple icon on lower right. That will display the older versions. Read in the user guide how to do a manual install of the firmware using an Ethernet attached PC/MAC rather then doing over wireless. The manual method is the only one that is pretty much going to install firmware without issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

Yes you can go back to old firmware. Folks suggest the .42 version. 

Go here to get the firmware and a user guide. Put in your router model.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/default.aspx

On the firmware down load selection click on the purple icon on lower right. That will display the older versions. Read in the user guide how to do a manual install of the firmware using an Ethernet attached PC/MAC rather then doing over wireless. The manual method is the only one that is pretty much going to install firmware without issue. 

Message 2 of 3
salm82
Initiate

thank you. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements