Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: router model R 7800 drops internet cant turn on QOS

omboli-frank
Aspirant

router model R 7800 drops internet cant turn on QOS

firmware version 1.0.2.62, i am beyond tired of trying to fix this thing dropping internet ,,it drops internet ,everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times ,but it seems like it is only drops off  when playing games online with an xboxone S,, that is hardwired ,but it drops all connections wired and wireless, when i go into my router and try to enable QOS then click apply it just goes to a white page ,it will not apply or save ,,it wont do the internet speed check either on the QOS page ,thoptions are not highlighted  to use ,,,,,,,things i have already done to fix the issue ,, internet company ran brandnew cable from hub to house , ran brand new cable from house connection from hub to the modem,,,replaced the modem brand new from surfboard to motorola ,i tried rolling back to previous firmware virsion . did a factory reset ,,,the router resets after 3 or 4 minutes abd will go back online by its self ,but nothing worst then getting kicked in the middle of a match ,,,,i do have 32 items on my router most are home automation stuff ,light switches elexa, a couple laptops and computers and 4 tv's  but usually only 1 or 2 of these items are on at the same time ,,internet speeds  are around 11mgbts up and 117 down, ping  range is usually between 13 and 30 ,,,,is there a fix for this router ,is the router to small for the amount of items ,should i buy another one  hopfully not this thing was 250 dollars and is not that old ,,is there a router out there that is not dropping internet ,

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
pec967
Luminary

I do not run QoS, but there have been numerous reports of problems configuring it with different firmware releases the past couple of years.

Try using your switch for the Xbox.

When you upgraded to v 1.0.2.62, did you reset the router to factory default using the reset button on the back of the router and then reconfigure manually? I do this every time I upgrade the firmware as I have been bitten with bugs, primarily wireless drop outs, when I did not. I have been up on 1.0.2.62 for 105 days without a reboot and without any problems.

If you want to drop back to earlier firmware, v. 1.0.2.52 is stable, but it has reports of the kind of QoS configuration problem you describe as well.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies

It is hard to work out what is going on in that long message, most of which has nothing to do with technical stuff.

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 2 of 7
pec967
Luminary

There is an incompatibility between the Xbox and a number of Netgear routers, including the R7800, when connected to Ethernet. Turning off InstantOn fixes this problem for some. You can also put an Ethernet switch between the router and the Xbox or connect the Xbox via Wi-Fi to fix this problem as well.

Message 3 of 7
omboli-frank
Aspirant

as i stated the modem is a brand new motorola modem it is a broadband modem only ,,i replaced my aries surfbord thinking it was the problem ,every thing from the hub outside my house to the router is brandnew and working 100 percent to specs ,QOS in my router does not work it dont give me the option to turn it on ,i can see the option to turn it on but it is not highlighted to use as an option ,,,it used to be when i set priorities for things and set them to highest and then push apply it would save the settings ,bow if or when i can make a change and i push apply it just white pages my screen and saves nothing 

Message 4 of 7
omboli-frank
Aspirant

i did try running it on the 5G and the 2.4  wifi and it still lagged out every couple hours ,i have the ethernet cable for the xbox plugged into the router,i do also have a switch i have not tried plugging it intop the switch ,but the internal settings are not working in the router ,it wont run the speed test and adjust the bandwith it wont let me turn on QOS ,,,this touter worked flawless for 2 years ,after the last 3 firmware updates it  as slowly dieing a slow death 

Message 5 of 7
pec967
Luminary

I do not run QoS, but there have been numerous reports of problems configuring it with different firmware releases the past couple of years.

Try using your switch for the Xbox.

When you upgraded to v 1.0.2.62, did you reset the router to factory default using the reset button on the back of the router and then reconfigure manually? I do this every time I upgrade the firmware as I have been bitten with bugs, primarily wireless drop outs, when I did not. I have been up on 1.0.2.62 for 105 days without a reboot and without any problems.

If you want to drop back to earlier firmware, v. 1.0.2.52 is stable, but it has reports of the kind of QoS configuration problem you describe as well.

Message 6 of 7
omboli-frank
Aspirant

problem solved

TP archer C 5400 V2

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation