Re: router not detecting that its plugged into modem.

zachi2
Aspirant

router not detecting that its plugged into modem.

So I have contacted both Charter and Netgear today and nothing has come of it. 

My roommates did not tell me that we did not have net this morning so I came home to it and began working to fix it. Rants aside, I have gotten no where

After tech support with Charter, the modem was able to recive a connection and hardwire it to my ps4 (and my computer that im using to do trouble shooting on) but the router is not detecting that it is even connected to the modem. Funny thing is, when i plugged it into the 1-4 slots, the moden detected it was connected so im guessing its something to do with the ethernet port on the router? 

Anyone have any solutions as to what I should do. Im not super savy with these things so I have not attempted to spoof the MAC address yet or found anything else to do besides that

Information on hardware 

technicolor modem through charter (all lights that are lit up, being power, 2.4g, 5g and farm right buttons are white. globe is not even lit up.)

r7000 nighthawk router (FW V1.0.8.34_1.2.15)

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

You need to make sure the Charter modem/router is now in bridge mode. I can't help you with specifics as don't use Charter supplied equipment.

Message 2 of 7
William10a
Master

Was it working before ?

Did you try to reset the router or reboot the modem and the router?

Message 3 of 7
zachi2
Aspirant

"

Was it working before ?

Did you try to reset the router or reboot the modem and the router?"

yep. I've done all the basic troubleshooting ontop of what charter support runs you through .Im thinking that the port just went bad as I also found out that port 4 doesnt work either.  

Message 4 of 7
zachi2
Aspirant

"You need to make sure the Charter modem/router is now in bridge mode. I can't help you with specifics as don't use Charter supplied equipment."

We've had this modem for a year now so unless charter did something, I wouldnt think it would jump out of bridge mode. 

Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

Possible but would think that a firmware problem popped up for some reason.

You maybe able reflash the firmware if not by lan port you could try a serial cable.

The 30-30-30 reset may work it will clear all setting of the router but may be what is needed.

Message 6 of 7
zachi2
Aspirant

I will give that a shot when I get home from work. Otherwise, might contact charter to just have them install a router till I can get a replacment 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements