Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

router stopped working after firmware update interuption

yape1984
Follower

router stopped working after firmware update interuption

hi all, I need assistance. My Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 stopped working after a firmware update was interrrupted when I conducted it using the app. I also mistakenly deleted my product in my netgear profile so I am now having the issue of not being able to see my product. The router itself works but the is no WIFI signal, nor anything showing my WIFI when I scan for network. I have tried the factory reset per the manufacturers instructions but still no luck. Does anyone here know what I can do with my router? This badboy has been with me for the past 5 years and it was working fine until I decided to download the latest firmware 😞 Im almost to the point of just buying a new one, but if there is a way to resolve the issue, Ill be more happy. Any assistance in this matter will be much appreciated. thank you for your time!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: router stopped working after firmware update interuption

@yape1984 wrote:

My Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 stopped working after a firmware update was interrrupted when I conducted it using the app.

We need to diagnose the state of your router before anyone can begin to guess what has gone wrong.

Look at the LEDs on the thing. What do they look like? Is the power LED as expected?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

@yape1984 wrote:

The router itself works but the is no WIFI signal, nor anything showing my WIFI when I scan for network.

I don't know what you mean by "works", but if it is just the wifi that is off, again the LEDs should give some clues.

I assume that you have tried pressing the wifi on/off button on the top. It also acts as the indicator. (Again, check the manual if you don't know where that is.)

If a standard factory reset fails, there is more severe, recovery reset, that you could try:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
    • Keep pressing reset while removing power
    • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If it works, you may be able to use the usual method to flash the firmware again.

Download the latest firmware for your device – or an older version if that is what you want – and read the Release Notes for how to install it.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If that fails, you are into TFTP country.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This also explains how to enable TFTP on a Windows PC.

TFTP isn't the easiest operation, so if you are forced to use it try a web search for videos that guide you through the process.

For example:

Different device, but the approach is the same.

The good news is that TFTP has rescued many a dead device.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7