router used as a access point only for live audio

jimmy-504
Aspirant

router used as a access point only for live audio

Good Morning,

i am attempting to using a R6400 as a access point only for my DBX Driverack PA2.  i am having issues understanding if the router has to be hooked to the internet or not.   The point of hooking it up as a access point only, i assume, is to be able to connect my ipad or phone up to it to be able to control my audio mix. When you hit live shows, and there is no internet there, you would not have anything to hook to...  i have tried a couple different things and it is telling me that there is no IP address recognized.

if anyone if famillar with what i am trying to do, the help would be greatly appreciarted. 

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: router used as a access point only for live audio

If you don't have an internet connection and don't have a different router connected to it, you need something controlling the dhcp to assign ip addresses. 

are you connected to the internet? you put that, no your not, but then put that you're streaming live music. 

Easiest route? probably re-enable router mode. The router will assign a ip address to devices connect to it then. 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 2 of 5
jimmy-504
Aspirant

not streaming live music.... this is for a band.... the PA2 is the rack system that controls eq, compressors, ect. 

Message 3 of 5
jimmy-504
Aspirant

not connected to the internet

Message 4 of 5
jimmy-504
Aspirant

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats