Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: routerlogin.net refused to connect (r7000p)

zach8870
Aspirant

routerlogin.net refused to connect (r7000p)

R7000P here. Just did a firmware update (as I hadn't done one since I got this thing and I thought it was time for an upgrade) and I can see why people complain about updating firmware. If I try to access routerlogin.net, it will say it refused to connect. This happens on any browser, any computer, any connection, after clearing cache, restarting, ipconfig /release and /renew and everything. The only way I can get into routerlogin is if I restart the router, and even then I only have about a 30-60 second window to change stuff and then it will go back to saying it refused to connect. Even the Nighthawk app can't connect locally, only remotely. I tried disabling Armor as I thought it was blocking the site or something. That actually worked, but only extended the time period by about an extra minute, and it was back to not working. I have also tried 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1, no luck. Any solutions?

It's on the latest firmware, whatever the version is because I can't even check. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

The router has a reset hole at the back. Use a pin to push it in so you can factory reset it... then use user "admin" and pass "password" to login

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

The router has a reset hole at the back. Use a pin to push it in so you can factory reset it... then use user "admin" and pass "password" to login

Message 2 of 4
myersw
Master

And another satisfied customer where firmware update breaks things requiring, hopefully only a reset to fix or maybe a fall back to previous version. Properly designed firmware should update without issues, including have to reset. Unfortunately the Netgear engineers are off wandering in a wilderness somewhere. Only time a reset should be required is when a major change is made to the firmware and that should be noted in the notes. 

Message 3 of 4
zach8870
Aspirant

Thanks, a reset worked and now I can access the page as normal.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7