Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

shelly motion sensor DoS disconnection

andy1717
Aspirant

shelly motion sensor DoS disconnection

My Shelly Motion sensor connects to 2.4GHz and after 30seconds it's disconencted. I disabled DoS and Port scanning and now the device stays connected. Not ideal.

I was wondering if there's any way to have the DoS turned on but have an exception on my smart device.It's strange that I have other smart devices on my 2.4GHz and they never disconnected with DoS protection enabled.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: shelly motion sensor DoS disconnection

Has it ever worked correctly?

firmware?

Message 2 of 4
andy1717
Aspirant

The Shelly Motion is brand new. Like I said it only stays connected when DoS is disabled. Took me a while to find that out. Even factory reset my router to see if I over complicated anything but that didn't help.

The firmware for the router and Shelly device is on the latest version.
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@andy1717 wrote:
The Shelly Motion is brand new. Like I said it only stays connected when DoS is disabled. Took me a while to find that out. Even factory reset my router to see if I over complicated anything but that didn't help.

The firmware for the router and Shelly device is on the latest version.

Somehow this got posted in the Netgear Orbi forum, rather than the Nighthawk forum. Might get a different response if posted where Nighthawk owners will see it.

What does the router log show regarding the motion sensor?  There should be an entry when it connects and is issued an IP address.

Are there DoS entries in the log when the motion sensor disconnects?  Does it disappear from Attached Devices, or is disconnection indicated because the smartphone app ceases to work?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7