source code compiler for r8xxx help fix bricked router

linux4088
Aspirant

source code compiler for r8xxx help fix bricked router

I have found what I believe is a typo in the source code. How does one go about compiling the source file to a .chk file for a tftp transfer via serial connection? Any help much appreciated. Or Netgear mods wanna fix this that would be great too. If anyone wants to help it's much appreciated... Others have asked similar questions but no usable answers....???? I think I know why my router is bricked an I would like to fix it
Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router,R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: source code compiler for r8xxx help fix bricked router

Something to contact NG support about or send @ChristineT a PM.

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.18.1/RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v2.3.2.120) and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 5
linux4088
Aspirant

So far I have gotten into BusyBox Linux file system and cmd line which is to say....awesome!!! My router is broadcasting but no loggy me in so I went back to the almighty goggler mashene. I guess the compiling is done on fedora...for anyone that's looking for answer... There's a readme buried somewhere in the gpl source folders not sure if they all have one but I downloaded a bunch and went to zip city on them mamma jammas. Anyway info is there...there's even a version to avoid... Well I guess next logical step is to make a VM and figure out how well my serial to USB will play with virtual box. Yay another vm I don't already have. Fml "What is that like mk 15" uhhh yea something like that

Good luck to anyone who thinks they can fix an r8500 r8300 or anything similar it's not a simple serial upload and done
Message 3 of 5
linux4088
Aspirant

So it doesn't seem like nvram erase actually does anything... No neither does mtd nvram erase Incase anyone in the interweb is wondering nvram erase returns a 0 which I guess is kinda like cfe talk for dafuq is that correct....is nvram erase not completing
Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi linux4088,

Are you trying to compile the NTGR public GPL code of R8500 then get some issue?

Is the R8500 bricked?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements