Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ssh access to record TV programs to a USB drive attached to my Nighthawk X6 R8000

RGraf
Aspirant

ssh access to record TV programs to a USB drive attached to my Nighthawk X6 R8000

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: ssh access to record TV programs to a USB drive attached to my Nighthawk X6 R8000

Hi RGraf,

What software are you using to record the TV programs to a USB connected to the R8000? This might be a limitation on the software if it will not detect a drive connected to a network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: ssh access to record TV programs to a USB drive attached to my Nighthawk X6 R8000

Hi RGraf,

What software are you using to record the TV programs to a USB connected to the R8000? This might be a limitation on the software if it will not detect a drive connected to a network.

Message 2 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi RGraf,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 9
RGraf
Aspirant

I'm trying to establish the ability to record TV programming from my Silicon Dust HomeRun Prime DVR. It says I need to enable SSH access to the router. How do I do that? Thank You!  

Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi RGraf,

The SSH is disabled on all NETGEAR routers.

Message 5 of 9
RGraf
Aspirant

Is there a way for the consumer to turn SSH on in this router?

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi RGraf,

This might be possible using  a different firmware(3rd party).

Message 7 of 9
RGraf
Aspirant

Can you recommend a third party firmware to use with my R8000? One that would allow me to enable SSH access.

Thank You very much!

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi RGraf,

I am not sure which 3rd party firmware has that option since I have not tried it.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7