Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

stop working

oldergeek
Aspirant

stop working

my wifi router stop working the internet light is on but no internet. I have a nighthawk R7000is it broken do need a another.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: stop working

what modem/gateway is it connected to ? 

What firmware is on the router? 

What actual error are you getting? Connected, no internet? Is the wifi broadcasting at all? 

Do wired devices work? 

What have you tried doing to fix it? reboot the modem/router? Factory reset the router and reinstall it? 

What changed? 

Message 2 of 5
oldergeek
Aspirant

netgear modem 

fimware can`t remember the number 

no internet

wired work 

yes have rebooted 

changed nothing

Message 3 of 5
wcalifas
Prodigy

Do another hard reset by pressing the reset pinhole with a paper clip. Before rebooting the router, restart your modem and wait til it syncs up with the internet. When the internet lights up then connect the router to the modem and see if that fixes it.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

@oldergeek wrote:

netgear modem ----which one? 

fimware can`t remember the number ----so look it up on the device

no internet---not even slightly helpful. Doesn't tell me whats happening with the wifi, leds, if its broadcasting, connecting to modem, etc. 

wired work ---yaaayyy! actual info

yes have rebooted 

changed nothing

do you see how little this helped? We're not  psychic. We don't know your setup. We don't know what you're seeing or whats going on with your network without details. So help us to help you. Give us details. put the time/effort into that we are. If you don't have the time for it, then feel free to go through support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7