Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: stupid i bet

verybad49
Follower

stupid i bet

i have the router run through a vision net wifi router using it as a modem, can i turn the wifi off on the vision net?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

@verybad49 wrote:

i have the router run through a vision net wifi router using it as a modem, can i turn the wifi off on the vision net?

The model number of the modem/router would be a help, there should be some kind of wifi setting controls for its wifi. Bridging the modem/router maybe way you want to go, it depends on what the isp's modem/router will let you do.

You would have a double nat in most cases if you connect a second router as a router to the isp's modem/router, however if you place  the isp's modem/router into a bridge mode or the second router into a access point mode the double nat goes away.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
William10a
Master

@verybad49 wrote:

The model number of the modem/router would be a help, there should be some kind of wifi setting controls for its wifi. Bridging the modem/router maybe way you want to go, it depends on what the isp's modem/router will let you do.

You would have a double nat in most cases if you connect a second router as a router to the isp's modem/router, however if you place  the isp's modem/router into a bridge mode or the second router into a access point mode the double nat goes away.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7