Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

the worst tech support in the industry

vroque
Aspirant

the worst tech support in the industry

I purchase the arlo pro security product at the time it cost me 900.00 for 4 cameras then purchased 4 more for my home and business. the system is not bad but not great especially when you have equiptment breaking down three months later. the accesories was buying a dual battery charger because I have 8 cameras and 3 extra batteries. I contacted thier tech support and they gave me an rma they said they will replace the charger. what I got was a cable to charge the camera that meant that I have to take down the camera and charge it and put it back if I needed that I would not have contacted arlo support because they know it comes with one in the system when you purchased the item. so I call again they said sorry for the mistake they will replace it when I return the damage one to them and they will send me a new one. they gave a label packaged the item and sent it they said as soon as we get it will mail out. 6 weeks later I call them and asked them where's my charger? they said we havent recieved my charger I said your wrong I recieved confirmation of the delivery on my phone. they then said I have to take that to the supv and he will call me in 48 hrs a week later no phone call so I call again now mind you I have 8 cameras and I cant keep up charging the battery on all of them. So one morning Im waiting for my meds and my meds were stolen from my front porch 1900.00 dollars worth so I had to call the police and report it and they notice ohh you have cameras great can we have the video because this person robbed 6 others and they didnt have cameras GUESS what happened my camera was DEAD no video!!!!! because of the police report I got my meds three weeks later and cost was on me. still never got a call so I did now he said so many inquiries my got lost now he says you sent it to the wrong center I said was your label not mine so whats the difference you got it I email the reciept of delivery so wheres my charger then he said I have to investigate who gave me the label and why it was sent there??? I said I dont care I need my charger for my cameras he said he understands my delema he will get back to me soon its now two months later and NO F"N CHARGER I would like to have someone from corporate contact me or someone give me thier contact so I can get a hold of someone that can do something about this by the way I had to go buy another one so I dont have the same problem having someone steal my meds which is one of the reasons I got the F'N cameras so I can prosecute the thieves!!! this is 6 months or more in the making calling tech support is useless aggrivating pointless dealing with a bunch of incompitant individual if I ran a business like that I wouldnt have a business Im considering in installing a wired system with compitant support and equipment and I have it in the contract NO NEATGEAR EQUIPMENT INSTALLED!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: the worst tech support in the industry

Know what?

Arlo is an independent business for almost two years. -> https://www.arlo.com/

You have talked to Arlo support - and make noise in the wrong community, accusing Netgear for nothing. Desperately want to complain, head over there https://community.arlo.com/ 

Message 2 of 5
vroque
Aspirant

to answer the person who said I am in the wrong community and that netgear has nothing to do with arlo all I want to say to that check your resorses before you speak according to nasdaq arlo parent co./owner is NETGEAR

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Regardless of the ownership, Arlo is an independent legal entity.

Correct is that Arlo is a spin-off from Netgear.

When I have it right, Netgear does hold 10% of Arlo. Insiders of Arlo hold less than 5%, insiders of Netgear hold less than 2.5%. Roughly 80% of each holding is held by investment companies.

Unclear to me what you want to imply here.
Message 4 of 5

@schumaku wrote:

Arlo is an independent business for almost two years. -> https://www.arlo.com/

Two years post IPO. They actually separated before that.

Heaven only knows what point @vroque is trying to make.

A bit like asking IBM for help with a Lenovo device.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7