trying to set up non essecial devices to one specific wifi network on my nighthawk r8000

MikeyMJC07432
Follower

trying to set up non essecial devices to one specific wifi network on my nighthawk r8000

im not quite sure how to do this but i am trying to optimize wifi performance.  I am set up with FIOS 1Gig of wifi coming into the house.

i have 27 devices lots of alex plugs, echo show, 3 alexa echo's, 3 ring cams and 3 BOSE wife speaker sets.  two of us working from home drawing from the network too.  I have set up a seperate guest channel already but everything else i think is overloading and losing connections.  Also my son streams games now and then too.  Oh and of course we all like amazon and netflix videos's.

my though was take non essenitals and move them to a seperate wifi channel  not to interfere with the real "work related" needs.

The app doesnt let you do anything.  I need some help reconfiguring my set-up please.  thanks.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: trying to set up non essecial devices to one specific wifi network on my nighthawk r8000

Did you ever figure out this setup?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements